Have you struggled to make the perfect boiled eggs? Soft-boiled to hard-boiled and everything in between, I’ve got you covered.
Have you ever wondered how to make the perfect boiled eggs? Whether you’re aiming for soft boiled or hard boiled or something in between, it gets confusing because there are a few different cooking methods on the internet. And not to mention the most difficult question is…how long do I boil it for!?
Well, I’m here to answer these questions and provide some clarity. After reading this blog post, you’ll be able to make the most perfect boiled eggs for YOU! Everyone is different in their preferences, so cooking times can vary.
If you want to make the perfect boiled egg based on the times below, be sure to follow these directions. There are many different ways to make boiled eggs and I’ve noticed that each cooking method can alter the time needed to make a certain texture (soft boiled vs. hard boiled).
Read below to find out how to make YOUR perfect boiled egg!
How to Make the Perfect Boiled Eggs:
- Bring water in a pot to a roiling boil.
- While the water is heating up, take the eggs out of the refrigerator (they can sometimes crack open if they go straight from the fridge to the hot water).
- When water is ready, carefully place eggs in the water (I use a large spoon to do this easily). Ensure that there is at least an inch of water or so above the eggs.
- Cook eggs to the desired amount of time according to the image below.
- Once the time is up, take the eggs out immediately and place them in a bowl of ice-cold water and let sit for 5 mins.
- Crack off the shells and enjoy!
Use this image below to understand how long to boil your eggs based on your personal preference.
I personally prefer 8-9 minutes! If you want them harder than what is pictured with the 11-minute egg, then just go for a little bit longer.
And that’s it! So easy! Now you’ll be a boiled egg PRO! Make sure to share this with your family and friends who might need some help.