The perfect, yummy snack for everyone, including kids! No added sweeteners or unneeded ingredients.
When that 3 PM slump hits, and you’re craving something sweet, these healthy apple chips are the perfect solution! They’re naturally sweet, so there are no added sweeteners of any kind! In fact, the only ingredients are apples and cinnamon – that’s it! Very simple, clean, but so tasty, too!
These healthy apple chips are crispy and slightly chewy at the same time and definitely remind me of all those sugar-loaded fruit snacks I used to eat as a kid. I wish I had this option when I was younger! I’m pretty sure I would have LOVED them!
To make these, all you need are apples and cinnamon, and an oven! Then you just have to throw the apples in the oven and wait.
If you’re looking for a more savory snack, try these baked Spicy Kale Chips!
Ingredients for Healthy Apple Chips:
- Apples – I recommend either Honeycrisp, Fuji, Jazz, or Pink Lady.
How to Make Healthy Apple Chips:
First, preheat your oven and wash your apples. Slice your apples very thinly, about 1/8″. If you prefer, you can core your apples first, however I actually didn’t do this and just discarded the seeds when they were all sliced.
Lay the apple slices on a parchment paper-lined large baking sheet so no apple slices are touching or on top of each other. This is very important! If they are on top of each other, they’ll go soggy and never get crispy. One full apple is usually about 1 large baking sheet. Now sprinkle the apple slices with cinnamon!
All you have to do now is bake them in the oven and enjoy!
Scroll down to get the full recipe or pin it for later!Print
Healthy Apple Chips
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 1.5 – 2 hours
- Total Time: About 2 hours
- 1 apple
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 200°F.
- Wash and slice apple(s) very thinly (you want to aim for about 1/8” slices). Prior to slicing you can core the apples if you prefer…I usually just slice and then will discard the seeds before baking.
- Lay the apple slices on a parchment paper-lined large baking sheet so none of them are touching or on top of each other. One full apple is usually about 1 large baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the apple slices with cinnamon. I sprinkle about 1/2 tsp cinnamon for each large baking sheet. If you’re baking more than just one, just add about 1/2 tsp per each baking sheet (or as much or as little as you want!).
- Bake for 1.5 – 2 hours, depending on how thin they are.
- Take them out of the oven when they get crispy, let cool, and enjoy.